Confessions of an Autism Dad
One dad's perspectives on dealing with a child who has Autism. All in print - for good or bad.

Schedules and Routines are key (also I'm horrible at them)

I am not a "scheduling" kind of person. I never have been. I tend to pencil everything in without putting much thought into whether or not I actually have time to do any of it. Noah however, thrives on routine. In fact, the only times he doesn't feel like his entire world is out of control is if a routines schedule is in place. To this day, I have failed completely at providing this kind of structure. I have decided that it is crucial for me take some sort of step toward making a personal change and creating a simple picture oriented schedule for my children to see. Because if I don't make this change, my son may never either.

Over the course of several posts this week, I hope to be sharing the progress of my schedule and a few other things that I have dropped the ball on. For now, I'm off to get some paper and crayons and brush up on my drawing.

If you have any personal stories about loving/hating schedules and calendars, whether it pertains to autism or not, leave me a comment or email, I'd love to hear about it!

Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

Buttons and Badges

Donations

If you enjoy my blog please consider donating. It will greatly help me get my son into therapies like ABA that neither insurance companies or school districts yet cover. It is PRICEY.

This is my son, Noah

This is my son, Noah
He has autism

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Followers

Blog Catalog

MyBlogLog

Fuel My Blog