Confessions of an Autism Dad
One dad's perspectives on dealing with a child who has Autism. All in print - for good or bad.

Join us in the 2009 Walk Now for Autism

You can join our walking team or make a small donation by visiting our Team Page here.

Did you know that every 20 minutes another child is diagnosed with autism? This has occurred in my family.

When our son Noah was diagnosed with autism last year, we had a vague idea of what to expect but nothing could have fully prepared us for the extreme challenges that lie ahead. Autism affects marriages, siblings, and relationships with extended friends and family. In other words, it flips your family's world upside down. We want, more than anything, for our son to be able to socialize, experience emotions like us and be able to express himself to us. This is why organizations like Autism Speaks are so important.

I am walking in the fight against autism at Walk Now for Autism, joining tens of thousands of other people united by a single cause and dedicated to raising money to find a cure and build awareness for autism. The money raised at Walk Now for Autism supports Autism Speaks mission to finding the causes, effective treatments and a cure for autism through funding essential biomedical research. One in every 150 children is diagnosed with autism. Autism Speaks directs 75¢ out of every dollar raised to autism research, awareness and outreach.

I am well on my way to reaching my goal. Please help me reach my goal by making a donation. You can make a donation online or visit www.walknowforautism.org and search for my name.
Thank you for taking an important step in the fight against autism.

Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Autism Speaks 501 (C)(3)  Tax Id #: 20-2329938

Thank you so much for your help and support. I understand that we find ourselves in tough economic times, if donations are difficult to make, we would love to welcome you on to our walking team!

Buttons and Badges

Donations

If you enjoy my blog please consider donating. It will greatly help me get my son into therapies like ABA that neither insurance companies or school districts yet cover. It is PRICEY.

This is my son, Noah

This is my son, Noah
He has autism

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Followers

Blog Catalog

MyBlogLog

Fuel My Blog