Confessions of an Autism Dad
One dad's perspectives on dealing with a child who has Autism. All in print - for good or bad.

Noah's schedule is up on the wall!

Thanks to a great family friend, I didn't have to break out the crayons to make a schedule for Noah after all. Instead, our awesome friend brought over a Visual Picture Schedule for Noah to use - similar to what he had in his class room.

Today was our first run through and already I can tell that I am going to have to tweek a few things, but for the most part I'd say Noah is already enjoying just knowing that there is an element of routine and structure to his day. I think before he may have been feeling like the day is all up in the air (because it pretty much was) which gives him some anxiety or sense of less control over himself and his environment. Hence, he would act out of control.

He was very excited to start art time after breakfast and then get the cars out after art time. He will definitely be keeping me on task!


Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner

Buttons and Badges

Donations

If you enjoy my blog please consider donating. It will greatly help me get my son into therapies like ABA that neither insurance companies or school districts yet cover. It is PRICEY.

This is my son, Noah

This is my son, Noah
He has autism

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Followers

Blog Catalog

MyBlogLog

Fuel My Blog